Aren’t politicians nasty?
I said this before and I will say it again, “A good politician is a politician willing to risk their job to stand up for the people who elected them”
This fiscal cliff non sense is a lose lose situation for everyone even if the deal is passed. I say we hold it to the people we elected to actually do their jobs so we can see REAL change in government. Republicans and Democrats alike. WE NEED TRUE CONSERVATIVES who have morals and sanctity. We need the conservatives to act like conservatives and to stand up for everyone, not just their pockets.
I can not wait till I run for public office…
How many politicians does it take to screw up an economy? One. No, two. Wait, let me think about this some more — how about 535, as in 435 House member plus 100 Senators.Hold on, I forgot to include President Obama. Can you give me a couple more weeks to answer?
What is happening in Washington right now is a joke — and a badly constructed one at that. Obama proved that yesterday afternoon by going in front of reporters at a White House press conference — all smiley and flip — despite the fact that serious negotiations were supposed to be going about the financial fate of our country.
The agreement, as it was being reported as I’m writing, won’t address any cuts in expenditures, but it will increase taxes on enough people — those married folks with incomes supposedly more than $450,000 a year, for instance — to allow our leaders to say they did something without really doing anything.Just back from their ill-deserved Christmas break, our leaders spent yesterday trying to cobble together a last minute, half-assed compromise that’ll keep full-blown tax increases and spending cuts from going into immediate effect. Oops. It turns out as of last night that they really did do nothing. The hard work will be left to the new Congress — which also will eventually decide to do nothing about our financial problems.
But Washington will be forced to increase the nation’s debt limit in the very near future. And the finger-pointing that will go with that discussion will cause more problems.
Meanwhile, our nation’s $16 trillion-plus debt level will continue to rise, and tax receipts paid to the government will probably decline thanks to the fear instilled in consumers and businesses by the so-called “fiscal cliff” and debt-limit negotiations.
This year’s federal deficit probably won’t be improved one nickel. Nice work, guys!
Three things will get Washington’s attention, and I hope all of them don’t happen at the same time.
So there are $41 in tax increases for $1 in phony spending cuts! Washington is killing America.
Since Obama got re-elected:
- Obama promised Russia he’ll get rid of our nuclear defense system, so it’s easier for them to nuke us in a conflict.
- Iran attacked an American drone in international waters. China threatened to start World War 3 if America tries to defend itself against Iran. Obama hasn’t replied to this.
- Obama has officially given himself unlimited power on Nov 12, 2012
- Real unemployment has skyrocketed to 16%. It was only 6.6% under George W. Bush. 41% or 82 million Americans, have left the work force and are now starving.
- Obama promised to destroy America’s 2nd amendment within weeks. Instead of giving innocents the right to defend themselves, he’s taking their guns away. Criminal organizations will start selling guns in the US.
- Oil prices are soaring at over $110/barrel because Obama has failed to approve necessary drilling permits.
- Obama is raising taxes on the middle class, even though he promised it would only be for the super-rich.
- US Debt is almost $16.5 Trillion because Obama failed to make any real cuts, and killed our industries.
- Obama ordered drone strikes in Yemen violating international and domestic law just 2 hours after winning the election.
- Colorado and Washington legalized marijuana, but Obama’s DEA interfered and confirmed it’s still illegal.
- Thousands have been fired because employers can’t afford ObamaCare. Millions more will lose their jobs when it starts.
- Food stamps surged to a historical high
- All 50 states have filed petitions to secede
RUBIO does a GREAT job explaining the Fiscal Cliff.
Feel free to re- blog and add!
-One bright spot of Barack Obama’s re-election was knowing that unemployment rates were about to soar for the precise groups that voted for him — young people, unskilled workers and single women with degrees in gender studies.
-We may soon see the second worst depression in history, and The democratic president will be accountable for it. (Kinda like the first one)
- He cant blame Bush anymore! (Technically any spending from Bushes term stopped showing implications in 2010. So it should have stopped then.)
- Apart from Obamacare, it’s difficult to think of a more effective method of destroying jobs than raising taxes on “the rich.” And we are getting both of those!
THIRD GRADER crying and flipping out after Obama victory! Wouldn’t get out of bed to go to school. Third grader experiences his first political disappointing.
This may well be the last time I speak on the House Floor. At the end of the year I’ll leave Congress after 23 years in office over a 36 year period. My goals in 1976 were the same as they are today: promote peace and prosperity by a strict adherence to the principles of individual liberty.
It was my opinion, that the course the U.S. embarked on in the latter part of the 20th Century would bring us a major financial crisis and engulf us in a foreign policy that would overextend us and undermine our national security.
To achieve the goals I sought, government would have had to shrink in size and scope, reduce spending, change the monetary system, and reject the unsustainable costs of policing the world and expanding the American Empire.
The problems seemed to be overwhelming and impossible to solve, yet from my view point, just following the constraints placed on the federal government by the Constitution would have been a good place to start.
How Much Did I Accomplish?
Federal government spending on green energy or ” Advanced energy technologies and energy science research” totals 200+ Billion dollars since 1961 with hardly anything to show for it. Poor folks don’t need socialism or green jobs, They need green money. They’ll get more of it being free, going to school, getting married and going to work.
Side note: Preserving America for our future generations is important. finding new energy is what we need for the future. But spending tons of money on failed green energy corporations and jobs is wasteful spending. ESPECIALLY DURING A RECESSION. We need to fix our problems first before we create another one.
Democrats at their finest!