“It’s not a life.”
Now, as pro-lifers, we know that this is the most popular one. “It’s just a blob of tissue” or “It’s only a fetus, not a baby” are what most pro-choicers are saying.
However, when conception occurs, it creates a new life which has separate DNA, blood, and soul from the mother. Even if one doesn’t believe in souls, science shows the specific difference from the mother’s body. At 21 days, the baby’s heart begins to beat, and a t 42 days, brain waves can be recorded. Babies as early as 5 months have survived outside the womb. I heard someone say once, “I’m too pro-science to be pro-choice.”
“Give women the right to control their own bodies!”
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard this one. And really, I hate it the most, because it is so selfish. This is NOT just the mother’s body we are talking about here-it’s a child’s. Everyone is so caught up with what they want to do
with their lives. When an unplanned pregnancy occurs, they want to get rid of it so it won’t interfere with their plans. They argue that it is their body; they can do with it as they please. Yes, that’s fine to have control over your own body-if it was just yours that was being affected.
“If we make abortion illegal, tens of thousands of women will die because of lack of availability to safe, legal abortions” To be honest, no one has any truly accurate statistics for this because not all are reported. However, the ones that were reported decreased when penicillin was created, not when abortion was legalized.
“If a mother has an unwanted child, she will abuse the child. Child abuse will increase if abortion was made illegal.”
Child abuse rates have skyrocketed, even though abortion is legal. In my opinion, this is because human life has become so devalued in today’s society. Abortion can also lead to child abuse, not prevent it. read below:
a reason why abortion can lead to child abuse is related to bonding. Having an abortion makes it more difficult to bond to a subsequent child, and babies who are not well bonded are more likely to be abused and neglected. A pregnancy following abortion creates more anxiety, caused in part by a fatalistic sense that the child will be abnormal (as a punishment for having aborted the previous one.) This anxiety can interfere with bonding. Moreover, if the grief from the abortion is not adequately processed, it becomes a post- partum depression, which interfereswith bonding. When one is still grieving a lost baby, one cannot attach to a new baby, because the attachment is still to the one who died. Failure to attach to the one who is alive can lead to abuse and neglect. There can also be a sense of disappointment in the subsequent child, who is compared to the aborted baby who is often idealized in the mother’s mind.
“We must keep it legal for rape and incest victims.”
Yes, those are damaging, horrifying experiences. But why expose the mother to another violent occurrence by killing her child? It would only damage the mother further. It would also be unfair to the child, whose life will be taken and will be punished for an evil man’s crime.
Abortion will not help women-it damages them. Save women, save babies-be against abortion.
- socorro345 reblogged this from republican101
- gettothestabbing reblogged this from zennosaji
- zennosaji reblogged this from republican101
- angelaapple likes this
- greensputnik likes this
- thegivenchycode reblogged this from prolifeproblems
- prolifeproblems reblogged this from republican101
- oh-snap-pro-lifers reblogged this from republican101
- thiselephantlovesroses reblogged this from republican101
- latinagabi reblogged this from republican101 and added:
- topherlopher reblogged this from republican101
- topherlopher likes this
- conservativestoday reblogged this from conservativecollegegirl
- conservativewoman reblogged this from republican101
- proudblackconservative likes this
- conservativecollegegirl reblogged this from republican101
- bornoffanolddirtroad likes this
- paul-ryan-girl likes this
- govtdoesntownme reblogged this from republican101
- scerythlabs likes this
- strangeneworld likes this
- republican101 posted this